Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Job Title: Pharmacist Assistant Mentor
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Contract
Sectors: Medical, NGO & Non-profit
We are looking for a Pharmacist Assistant Mentor to form part of Anova Pharmacy team and support the implementation, Decanting and CCMDD programme at all Anova supported facilities. Ensure facilities are compliant with Basic Pharmacy principles, implementation and maintenance of CCMDD programme.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with good pharmacy practice
- Provide mentorship and support to ensure that adequate levels of stock are available
- Provide support and mentorship to all PAM’s on the implementation of Good Pharmacy Practice, Ideal Clinic and SIMS in all their supported facilities
- Medicine supply management ( FIFO/FEFO, Stock re-order factor, Cold-chain)
- Maintenance of stock visibility solution (SVS)
- Support CCMDD and decanting (Mentorship on Repeat Prescription Collections (RPC) & Dablapmeds in supported facilities)
- Monitoring and maintenance of performance of the Dablapmeds program
- Support the retention of accurate and updated records on pharmacy activities & decanting
- Perform duties of Pharmacist Assistance such as dispensing, drug supply management etc. in line with Scope of Practice
- Identify training needs for facility staff (DOH and Anova staff) and facilitate training provision to meet requirements
- Represent Anova in stakeholder meetings and workshops when requested
- Weekly and monthly reporting
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Registered as a Post basic Pharmacist Assistant with SAPC
- Annual fees and all requirements must be up to date
- At least 1 year experience on HIV/AIDS treatment regimen and adherence issues
- Understand public health system (How public hospitals and clinics work)
- Understanding of ART, TB and general medication
- Good knowledge of antiretroviral therapy, TB and chronic medication
- Clear understanding of Good Pharmacy Practice
- Understanding of Drug Supply Management
- Excellent written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Innovative, Proactive and Team Player
- Be able to work under pressure & independently
- Proficiency or literacy in Ms Office
- Good organizational, administrative, and report-writing skills
Application Deadline: July 13 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto. Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za