The Focal Nurse will mainly activate all hospital-based TB QI activities. He/she will coordinate, deliver services, improve case notification and facilitate linkage to care at primary health care (PHC) facilities, and work in close collaboration with the hospital, medical, nursing service manager and facility QI focal person. The TB Focal Nurse will report to AQUITY’s District QI Advisor.
Job Title: Focal Nurse
Location: Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District.
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate TB activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with hospital management, TB Manager, HAST and Facility Managers;
- Implement hospital-based TB Quality Improvement (QI) activities, including establishing QI teams (where none exist) and facilitating QI meetings;
- Support data collection and data management activities by working closely with data capturers and data management teams;
- Promote high quality data collation and data management;
- Support in-hospital TB and HIV care and prevention activities, including screening, patient education, sputum collection and HIV testing;
- Provide mentorship and support for provision of appropriate treatment for latent TB infection (LTBI) Support linkage to care in hospital, in close collaboration with the TB Linkage Officer
- Support active TB case finding using appropriate messaging and IEC materials
- Promote and support implementation of effective infection prevention and control activities throughout the hospital
- Ensure profile and service data on TB patients are accurate and reported to M&E team in a timeous manner.
- Ensure staff adhere to standard operating procedures (SOP) with respect to personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The TB Focal Nurse will report to AQUITY’s District QI Advisor.
- Degree/Diploma or relevant Nursing qualification (Professional Nurse Grade 2 Level)
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse and proof thereof
- At least 2 years’ experience in nursing post registration in the TB section at a health facility level
- Knowledge of DoH TB and HTS guidelines & protocols.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to communicate in English and local languages
- Clear criminal record
- Sound leadership and people management skills and interpersonal relationship skills
- Prior TB case management experience
- Good time management and monitoring skills
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- A clear criminal record
Email cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Application Dedaline: 6th May 2020.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.