Posted on :
18 Nov, 2010
18 Nov, 2010
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we’re the company for you. Think Ahead. Think BHP Billiton. BHP Billiton recruits Senior Grade Control Geologist
Hotazel Manganese Mines, based in the Kalahari we mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
Ensuring compliance with the BHP Billiton commitment to Zero Harm, you will be in possession of the qualifications, skills and experience listed below:
You will deliver outstanding results by involving and motivating your team and managing prospecting drilling programs. Your role will include the collection, interpretation and mapping of all geological data in order to direct with grade control and assist mine planning.
You will be in charge of directing and controlling the Grade Control teams to support the mining operation.
Demonstrate a record of delivering outstanding results by involving and motivating the respective team members to strive for high work standards of performance, teamwork and cooperation and ensuring customer satisfaction to all stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Hons Degree Geology
• At least 3 to 5 years relevant supervisory experience in Grade Control and/or Geology
• Microsoft Office Package, SAP and Planning/Geological modelling competencies
• Medically fit
Key Performance Areas:
• Coordinate processing of drill core including logging, sampling and data processing.
• Assist with logging and sampling of borehole core and capturing of relevant data.
• Conduct face mapping and load information into software
• Interpret geological face mapping information and notify Mine Planning about the upcoming geological conditions so that appropriate actions can be taken
• Provide geological information, guidance and support to Mining operational personnel
• Construct and interpret a geological plan and cross-section in a mining area in order to inform the monthly Planning report
• Provide Grade Control information, guidance and support to Mining operational personnel
• Conduct Grade Control investigations
• Manage, control and direct Grade Control department
Competencies: (some of the competencies)
• Leadership, Vision and Credibility
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Building and Maintaining relationships
• Communication Skills
• Attention To Detail
• Assertiveness and Action Orientation
• Cross Functional Awareness
• Objective Setting and Control
• Commercial Awareness
Please forward your CV (max 3 pages) to: mailto: [email protected] or fax 053 7422856. Applications close on 26 November 2010.
“Appointments will be made in line with the company’s Employment Equity Policy. Previously disadvantaged people are encouraged to apply”.
BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.