Since 2004, CareWorks has provided healthcare services including comprehensive chronic disease management, onsite health risk assessments and screening, as well as training.
Job Titel: Ugu NIMART Nurse
Location: Ugu District x 1
Contract Typre: Event Based Linked to Funding
Salary Range: Market Related – To be discussed
Start Date: Immediately
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- NIMART Qualified with valid Dispensing Licence is essential – candidates who do not have a current and valid Dispensing Licence will not be assessed
- Diploma in Clinical Assessment, diagnosis and treatment will be advantageous.
- Postgraduate training in Primary Health Care Nursing or Public Health is highly desirable.
- 5 years’ proven experience in working in a primary health care setting.
- Must have extensive experience in HIV, AIDS and STI treatment and care.
- Must have experience in managing patients on ART.
- Previous experience working with the private sector (private GP/retail pharmacies/private clinic) is advantageous.
- Expert knowledge of South African HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Management guidelines.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (current).
- Familiar with TIER.Net advantageous.
- Intermediate computer literacy and report writing.
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence is mandatory.
- Experienced counsellor
Inherent requirements of the position:
- Strong administration background
- Good problem-solving skills
- A proactive nature
- Excellent people and motivational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; good command of the English language
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to work non-traditional hours which will include weekends
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Clinical assessment of MSM to deliver a comprehensive package of care including HIV diagnosis and treatment (ART), STI diagnosis and treatment and PrEP for high-risk negative clients
- Assessment for ART initiation according to SA Guidelines as well as WHO staging, same day initiation, UTT, etc
- Taking clinical history and conducting physical examination
- Collect bloods at initiation and later follow-up as per guideline (6th and 12th month intervals)
- Dispensing of ART treatment to eligible clients
- Conduct adherence counselling
- Follow up support of ART initiated clients
- Referral of TB clients according to National TB clients
- Work with local DoH to procure commodities for HTS, ART and STI Treatment and clinical stationery;
- Manage and supervise a working and up-to-date dispensary to record all stock received and dispensed
- Collect and collate monthly stats for reporting to funders and DoH
- Work with lay counsellors, linkage officer and Patient Management Counsellors to trace defaulting treatment clients and re-link into care
- Coordinate the safe disposal of medical waste and correct recording of supporting documents in this regard
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Submit your application to [email protected] or Fax: 021 413 2933
- Your application must contain ALL of the following:
- A cover letter motivating your application
- Submit your up to date CV with accompanying certificates
- State the position you are applying for and location in the subject line of the email application
Application Deadline: Friday, 27 March 2020
Please take note of the following before submitting an application:
- Ensure that you meet the all of the requirements of the position (educational, inherent requirements as well as required experience)
- Unless otherwise stated CareWorks will not pay relocation costs for candidates who wish to take up a position in another town or province