Christel House is a registered, global charity that operates eight schools around the world of which the school in Ottery (Cape Town, South Africa) is the only one in Africa. All of its 750 students are transported from 20 impoverished communities using 18 school buses for the daily return trips.
The school has a holistic R-12 education model that focuses on strong character development, complemented by regular health care, nutritious meals, guidance counselling, career planning, family assistance and college and careers support.
Job Title: Marketing and Public Relations Officer
Job Locations: Cape Town
Report to: The Director of Fundraising and Marketing
Remuneration: This is a full-time position on a contract basis.
- Explore and utilise a variety of channels and techniques (above and below the line) to maximise traffic, awareness and support (donations and partnerships) for Christel House
- Develop and run innovative marketing campaigns throughout the year to engage a variety of donors (particularly from the corporate sector through cause-related marketing)
- Manage and develop all Christel House digital platforms including the company website, social media, newsletter and paid media (Google Ads Grant) in line with strategic goals of the organisation
- Manage all media relationships and activities including producing regular press content for local and international media, bloggers and supporters.
- Act as a brand custodian for the organisation and ensure that all external and internal communication pieces contain an accurate and consistent brand
- Design and produce marketing materials including brochures, posters, banners, presentations, exhibition-related resources and online, photo & video content
- Plan, manage and deliver marketing and fundraising events, including annual business breakfasts, special assembly events and marketing events.
- Liaise with head office, Christel House International, on international related media and marketing activities and requests
- Manage and develop external media and marketing consultants according to strict budgetary constraints and strategic outputs
- Manage any interns, volunteers or contract workers as assigned to your portfolio
- A relevant degree in marketing, media or public relations
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing and public relations, with a proven track record of running comprehensive marketing campaigns and brand development
- Experience working in the non-profit or corporate social investment space will be advantageous
- Passion for education and youth development, with a mission-driven work ethic and a positive attitude
- Organisational, project management and people skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Written and verbal communication skills, design skills (Adobe Suite) with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work against budgeted targets and within strict deadlines
- A valid driver’s license
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential; fluency in additional language(s) advantageous
Submit your CV (maximum five pages) with written and design media examples and a letter of motivation for the attention of the Director of Fundraising and Marketing to [email protected].christelhouse.org
Application Deadline: Friday, 21 June, 2019