DVT is a software development, technology consulting and related services company, with offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg and over 400 staff nationally. We employ highly – skilled individuals (both permanently and on long term contract) in the fields of Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Process Consulting, Business Architecture, Project Management, Development (Java 7 and .Net) and Software Quality Assurance, Scrum Master. We develop turnkey solutions and provide consulting services to over 100 clients, both locally and abroad. The employed individual will be challenged with access to a range of projects at clients across industries, ranging from telecoms to financial services. Working with other experienced technologists whose single pursuit is optimal value creation for our customers through the construction of peerless solutions, this dynamic self- starting individual will be schooled in the best practices accumulated through successful delivery on hundreds of software development assignments.
Job Title: Business System Analyst
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Contract
- Min 5 – 8 years’ experience in System Analysis
- Min 3 years’ experience as a Developer with extensive experience on multiple software development projects, Preferably in a banking, insurance & telecoms industry with a working knowledge of collections activities, processes, and strategies.
- BSc, BCom or BTech in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology with formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF) or related technology discipline
- Any 2 or 3 professional accredited agile certifications (such as CSM, PSM II, SAFe, KANBAN)
- Experience/exposure to Agile methodology/Scrum Master
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving the technical design of products, services and systems that are aligned with the vision and designs set out for the venture and the product
- Transforming user requirements and product roadmaps into customer and prospect process paths, technical specifications, technology solution options, solutions architectures and technical roadmaps.
- Planning the entirety of the technology systems architecture, including technical product, architecture and infrastructure design; technical budget and cost analysis and resource forecasting
- Conducting technical stakeholder analysis to determine who the stakeholders of the technical projects
- Develop Interface Specifications, Analyse design trade-offs and ensure regulatory compliance
- Supervise Business and Systems Analysts in the capture and analysis business and functional requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of business solutions, particularly in the areas of collaboration and document management.
- Estimate costs and prepare business cases (based on requirements) for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support.
- Examine the suitability of existing IT systems and business models against the business requirements
- Investigate systems that might meet the business requirements and yield benefits to the organisation
Application Deadline: September 10 2023