Faurecia is the 6th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world; in 2013 it was #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in four automobiles is equipped by Faurecia
Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“Technical Perfection and automotive passion” is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
“Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth.”
Our FIS is looking for a Plant Quality Specialist to be based at its Uitenhage in South Africa .
The Plant Quality Specialist is responsible for implementing process control programs that will assure production of finished goods that meet or exceed customer-specified requirements. He/she leads continuous improvements by utilizing the appropriate quality tools and provide data analysis. The main missions of the role are to:
- Conduct multiple projects simultaneously ranging from feasibility phase to post launch quality assessment and throughout production life
- Facilitate Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) with Engineering in conjunction with advanced quality-planning activities and monitor the status throughout production life
- Develop, implement and maintain Statistical Process Control techniques
- Assure compliance of the documented quality system (QS 9000/TS16949) and promote consistency throughout the organization
- Conduct investigations to determine causes of defects, make recommendations for corrective action
- Maintain customer complaint log and facilitate and participated in the corrective action process
- Instruct and train personnel in techniques and use of audit and testing devices
- Monitor and revise quality documentation as required
- Visit customers and suppliers when necessary. Acts as a liaison to internal and external customers
- Review all production methods for compliance to quality standards and for improvement of product and quality standards
- Perform all responsibilities with QS9000/TS16949 system requirements
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of two (2) years automotive experience
- Strong analytical and proven team oriented problem solving-skills required.
- Strong customer satisfaction orientation.
- In-depth knowledge of quality engineering techniques
- In-depth knowledge of Metrology
- Above average communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (English required)