Duration: Academic year, could be extended based on academic performance
Note: Females Only
The Golelo Trust aims to advance the education and economic development of Black women in South Africa by providing educational bursaries for the study of mechanical engineering at tertiary level. Bursaries will be awarded to Black Women students with proven academic performance and personal circumstances deserving of support.Applications for bursaries will considered for study at any accredited South African university or university of technology offering degrees or technical diplomas in mechanical engineering in the Gauteng Province.
Bursaries are provided from the second year of an undergraduate degree or diploma.
The bursary includes:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Book fees
- Residence fees
- Monthly cash allowance for meals/ transport/ miscellaneous study expenses.
- Applicants must be Black (African, Indian, Coloured) Female South African citizens with a valid ID number.
- Applicants should be deserving of financial assistance and not be in receipt of any other bursaries.
- Applicants should have successfully completed their first year of academic studies*.
- Applicants invited to attend an interview must be willing to undergo psychometric testing.
* The bursary will be awarded subject to the condition that the candidate’s end of year results of the first year do not differ substantially from the results presented during the application process.
Golelo Trust reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a bursary if the results are substantially weaker than the academic performance presented during the application process.
How To Apply
To apply for a bursary, please complete the attached application form and submit to [email protected]
Please be advised that specific terms and conditions will apply and that the successful applicant will be required to enter into a formal contract with Golelo Trust.