John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is currently recruiting for a Quality Improvement Advisor for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa. The positions will be based in Durban, Ulundi, Sedibeng and Pretoria.
Job Title: Quality Improvement Advisor
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Quality Improvement Advisor will assist in the supervision of community service delivery. The priority focus of this position will be to ensure the quality delivery of services and put in place the processes to ensure quality levels are sustained.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide technical guidance and assistance in developing and promoting strategies for QA/QI related to HIV treatment and care, and adherence and retention support for key populations;
- Provide support for community service-delivery QA/QI initiatives;
- Develop training curricula and other learning resources;
- Deliver technical assistance related to policy, advocacy, leadership, governance and service delivery;
- Provide strategic information to the monitoring and evaluation team, as needed;
- Collaborate with the project team to achieve key project objectives;
- Support the development of project technical reports as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field will be an essential requirement.
- Minimum of (Ten) 10 years experience executing similar tasks or supervising a similar role will be an essential requirement.
- Extensive experience in quality assessment and improvement will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in providing capacity building support is essential.
- Experience working with and supporting a wide range of HIV and AIDS projects and programs, such as combination prevention, PMTCT, VMMC is an essential requirement.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “CQI Advisor – Durban” to [email protected]. Please clearly indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the Durban, Ulundi or Sedibeng based position.
Application Deadline: 21st November 2019