John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a Training Advisor for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa.
Job Title: Training Advisor
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The role will ensure the quality of the VMMC program. S/He will form part of the VMMC management team with the prime responsibility of coordinating training of providers and continuous quality assurance teams.
Key Performance Areas:
- Implement a training strategy that promotes the training of sufficient numbers of health care providers in order to scale up VMMC services.
- Work with NDoH and PDoH VMMC staff to coordinate the training (theory and practical) of all providers at the sites.
- Ensure all providers’ training are up to date, including Basic Life Support training and management of AEs.
- Implement innovative approaches to recruit and retain VMMC providers.
- Implement a CQI system that ensures that VMMC services provided under this project meet PEPFAR and NDOH as well as internationally recognized standards of quality.
- Contribute to the development of technical IEC materials
- Lead audits for severe adverse events to prevent similar future occurrences.
- Identifies and documents emerging best practices for sharing across the entire project
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Clinician with experience implementing HIV or reproductive health service delivery programs VMMC experience required
- Demonstrated experience implementing VMMC training strategies and programs is required;
- Experience with continuous quality improvement and supervision approaches is required;
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy, as part of a team effort will be an advantage;
- Ability to work effectively within public, private, and NGO sectors will be an advantage;
- Strong presentation and oral communication skills will be required; and
- Willingness to travel to districts and sub-districts will be required.
Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Training and Capacity Development Advisor) to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 19 March 2020