Posted on :
27 Jul, 2021
27 Jul, 2021
Are you passionate about the media and advertising industry?
We’re looking for “Exceptional Talent” to join our multi award winning Digital and Audio solutions company.
Job Title: Digital Strategist
Location: Rivonia, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: JHBDS001
Contract Type: Permanent
Skilled and Results driven, the Digital Strategist will be required to coordinate Mediamark’s various Digital Mediums (Display; Audio; Programmatic; Data) to offer proactive and reactive insights driven solutions to clients and partners.
Operating in a multi-platform environment, solutions will be required to encompass traditional platforms such as FM Radio delivering world class converged opportunities that set Mediamark apart and leverage the full scope of what the company and its partners has to offer
Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead problem solving charge:
– Guiding the Mediamark Digital and Multi-Platform strategy with Digital Strategist will be tasked with building knowledge underpinned by experience and research and with an in depth understanding of client challenges and the best solutions via which to address these.
– Work closely with Digital and Radio frontline teams to develop unique strategies that build upon, and add value to current client strategies within the digital or multi-platform (Digital and Audio) arena.
– Underpinned by strong rationales, and working closely with Mediamark Brand Custodians to lead effective Digital Marketing Strategies ensuring clients objectives are measured, managed and met exceeded.
– Proactively keep abreast of key clients’ marketing and media plans, providing technological solutions including rich media, site optimization, promotional ideas, mobile, social networks, viral, audio etc.
– Play pivotal role in growing business customer base, uptake of mediums and improving client experience.
– Initiation and Execution of high quality projects, develop, opportunities to the relevant Clients and agencies utilising data and insight in proposals and presentations wherever possible to support the sales challenge.
– Fosters timeline development and monitors progress, delivering on objectives on time and cost-effective/on budget.
– Manages overall project scope and ensures staffing assumptions adhere to budget.
– Answer key questions such on how brands are communicated and experienced through digital interactions, and how digital interactions fit into the broader customer experience.
– Connect digital to all other aspects of a Mediamark business and drive growth opportunities.
– Combine an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, online strategies, and their competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital marketing industry to deliver effective digital marketing recommendations.
– Achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with internal team and clients to provide them with guidance to achieve execution of strategies.
– Promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless delivery of all work to the client.
– Working closely with Ad Operations team to ensure Reporting on planned and current strategies is optimal and up to date, analysis of reports to ensure all deliverables are met guaranteeing the best possible campaign outcomes.
– Steer Organisations Digital and Multi-Platform Narrative.
– Evaluate and implement improvements on Digital and Multiplatform Strategy.
– Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends ensuring Mediamark remains on the cutting edge from a knowledge and tools perspective.
– Manages research studies that yield rich insights into consumer online behaviour and key motivational/attitudinal behaviour.
– Actively engage all available data points/touchpoints/information platforms to ensure solutions and market conversations remain relevant and impactful.
– Mapping out and creation of structures that facilitate how Mediamark digital assets will be utilised and optimised for best possible business results.
– Support Product division, sharing knowledge and know how removing friction and making digital a natural medium to include in all proposals.
– Assist in pitching and On boarding of New Digital Partners, building out an understanding of where each one fits into the Mediamark Digital and Multi-Platform strategy and best deployment within greater strategies and day to day client solutions.
– Proven Digital and Media track record
– At least 3 years of agency / client facing digital media sales experience
– Experience and high working knowledge of Programmatic and Direct Digital sales
– Experience of presenting to large and small audiences of various levels within a business
– Experience in and ability to interpret research analysis: Narratiive; Google Analytics; Ad Software platforms (DFP) and to use this to support the sales challenge
Knowledge & Skills:
– Strong media skills – Traditional and Digital
– Strategic planning skills
– Thorough understanding of various digital Touchpoints
– Firm grasp of emerging digital tools
– Experience and deep understanding of multiple mediums with specific focus on digital and audio (FM; Digital Audio; Podcasts)
– Ability to connect the dots between needs, wants and desires of customer and business, brand and marketing goals
– Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Media and Technical Delivery Specialists
– Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing
– Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Business Knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners
– Understanding of web analytics
– Possess broad knowledge of best digital practices
– Innovative Problem Solver
– High attention to detail
– Time management and prioritization skills
– Excellent capabilities in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, with an understanding of Power BI and other relevant sales enabling tools
– Degree in advertising, marketing, communication science or equivalent
– In depth knowledge and working experience with various Media Tools including Narratiive; BRC; DMP’s; Google Analytics; Ad Software platforms (DFP)
– Experience with Data and DMP driven segment building advantageous
If you don’t hear from us in the next 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 13/08/2021