Staff Solutions is a bespoke recruitment agency founded in 2004, with a national footprint. Our team provides both permanent and temporary recruitment services to the majority of industries/sectors throughout South Africa. We are open to international recruitment too. Staff Solutions offers “old-fashioned recruitment ethics and values “, in an advanced technological environment. We pride ourselves in keeping up to date with technological advances, but still retain the personal touch with both our clients and candidates. If you are a General Manager or a General Worker, your application is important to us.
Job Title: Field Sales Engineer
Location: West Rand
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Our client in the manufacturing sector is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join their team in Johannesburg.
Formal prerequisites for the position (e.g. training, experience, education etc.)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, robotics, etc.)
- Strong technical and commercial background
- Professional experience in the field of managing sales of at least 5 years
- Leadership experience within the field of sales of at least 3 years
- Experience in channel management
- Proven record of success within the entire sales cycle, from planning to closing
- Experience in project management
- Experience with CRM systems
- Effective collaboration in a matrix environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, reliability, and commitment
- Strong drive for results
- Very good English proficiency
- Willingness to travel frequently (up to 70%)
Description of main tasks:
- Strategy development and implementation in the MRO Sales area
- Budget responsibility for revenue and profitability for the MRO Sales area
- Development and coordination of MRO business, development of sales strategies in solution, product & service sales
- Implementation of cross selling approaches
- Price and contract negotiations within the relevant approval guidelines
As account owner, responsible for all activities with assigned customers and prospects regardless of sales channel, the incumbent will be
- Controlling and being responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Budget responsibility within the framework of revenue, profitability, growth and compliance rules
- Acquisition of MRO business through solution, product & service sales (cross selling) and development of new accounts
- Drive price and contract negotiations to completion within relevant approval guidelines
- Identify customer specific requirements and provide solutions (e.g. supply models, logistics, digital solutions)
- Document market potentials, opportunities, customer contacts and all activities in Salesforce
- Sales planning/budgeting (Sales 360)
- Co-design and implementation of sales support campaigns and initiatives
- Active acquisition, marketing and training support of partners for MRO sectors.
- Establish and maintain contacts with sector relevant associations and organizations and use these contacts for strategic market development.
- Extensive travel within Middle East and Africa and end-user visits in the region.
Application Deadline: October 14 2023