mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: SI Analyst IH
Location: South Africa
The purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership and expertise, as well as Quality Assurance on all aspects of the design and implementation of the WC Strategic Information (SI) System. This includes but is not limited to SI system design and implementation related to data collection and reporting, as well as overseeing and managing SI human resources, mHealth data management, and digital health data management and reporting in broader terms.
This position reports to the DPTS SI Lead at m2m Head Office in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide Technical leadership on the design of the WC routine SI System:
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders in developing and documenting the routine SI system inclusive of, but not limited to a results framework, indicator list (including operational definitions), a Data Flow Diagram, reporting schedule and reporting templates, routine SI Tools, a Data Management System, as well as Data Quality Audit tools and processes.
- Provide TA and support to the Innovation Hub (IH) project team in documenting and designing organizational SI Systems innovations and learnings.
- Design, manage and implement M&E special projects to improve data collection, data quality, data management, and data use on the projects.
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, provide TA on the training of frontline health workers and other staff in the administration and use of routine SI tools and systems:
- Oversee and support the development of SI training materials (e.g. manuals, PowerPoint slides, Job Aids, etc.).
- Oversee and support Implementation Partner training in administering all components of the routine SI system.
- Oversee and support ongoing supportive supervision to frontline health workers and other staff in the use of routine SI tools.
- Ensure that high quality data are consistently generated across all components of programme implementation:
- Lead the design of Data Quality Audit systems and protocols, including Data Quality Assessment tools and procedures.
- Develop STATA syntax for automated routine auditing of data off the back-end of Digital case management / client management Applications.
- Lead and oversee the training of local users in the administration of the routine Data Quality Audit system.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data.
- Lead and support monthly data quality reviews and provide systematic feedback to all stakeholders to ensure that standards of the highest data quality are maintained.
- Initiate, manage and implement data quality improvement interventions in collaboration with IH project team.
- Oversee and support data quality improvement interventions initiated by IH project team.
- Support and provide TA on managing the execution of all recommendations for improved data quality.
- Provide Technical Leadership on the development of routine and ad-hoc reporting:
- Design, implement and oversee tailor-made digital reporting systems for multiple stakeholders using a DHIS2 platform.
- Develop STATA syntax for automated routine programme performance reports
- Oversee routine (and ad hoc as required) requests for SI data.
- Conduct data analysis and compile reports, for multiple project stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality reports are submitted / accessed timely.
- Provide technical leadership and TA on the monitoring of quarterly programme achievements and trends through overseeing and supporting the production of routine quarterly reports or in accordance with an agreed upon routine reporting schedule.
- Provide TA on the mentoring and support to frontline health workers in the use of the routine SI System.
- Other duties in support of WC IH team’s strategic needs, e.g. including but not limited to managing, overseeing and providing quality assurance for data extraction / data collection in support of evaluation and operations research projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s level degree in public health or health and development-related field.
- Minimum of five to eight years’ progressively responsible work experience developing and implementing (digital) monitoring and evaluation / SI systems for health, HIV/AIDS, ECD (or related field) in resource constrained contexts.
- Experience in Digital Health (with reference to data collection, data management and reporting) is a requirement.
- Experience using a DHIS2 platform is a strong advantage.
- Experience using Tableau is a strong advantage
- Experience in training and capacity building in SI (including curriculum development), with reference to data collection (using mHealth), data auditing and data cleaning, data analysis and reporting.
- Experience in designing and leading routine data audits at multiple points in the SI system.
- Experience collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders on SI and research programmes/projects.
- Experience managing, supporting and overseeing the quality of work of junior staff.
- Ability to coach, mentor, develop and strengthen capacity of lay frontline health workers.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Excellent technical leadership, management, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- A proven track record in writing STATA syntax for automating routine reporting off the back-end of electronic data bases.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to organize and interpret data and findings in oral and written form.
- Advanced skills in use of statistical software programme (preferably STATA).
- Advanced skills in use of information technology including Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively and to facilitate collective problem-solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with diverse organizational units.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/
Application Deadline: 13 March 2020