Posted on :
3 Jul, 2014
3 Jul, 2014
DSTV currently host a Video-On-Demand service for the distribution of movies, series, sport and other content across set-top box, mobile and online platforms.
The QA Specialist will be responsible for program acceptance of content as well as the conducting of investigations of content that do meet VOD Operations quality standards
• DStv Online
• M-Net Content department
• DStv subscribers
• Partner websites
• Perform all QA operations for content that will be used on all VOD platforms as well as certain linear titles.
• Work on file based QC systems and understand the system as well as correctly interpret the reports yielded
• Conduct investigations around content that do not meet VOD Operations quality standards.
• Ensuring the integrity of asset quality across all VOD platforms.
• Quality assurance pre-and-post production of VOD assets to the different platforms.
• Clear and correct escalations of any concern or issue with the content received
• Maintaining day to day and deliverables;
• Understanding VOD Operations processes as a whole and being able to complete tasks in other departments within VOD Operations
Education & Experience
• 3 or more years experiencing in video quality assurance
• Video editing background is advantageous
• Understanding of file based qc principles is necessary
• Solid understanding and experience of video content
• Strong skills in a technical and operational environment as well as acute and demonstrable attention to detail.
• Good technical knowledge of video as a whole
• Computer Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven multiple stakeholder management ability
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Passionate about technology and its application
• Creativity & Innovation
• Tenacity and drive
How to Apply