To carry out near point of care testing ( POCT) training, testing and general near POCT administration activities. To support the POCT testers to ensure efficient provision of HIV and TB near POCT related services on molecular testing platforms.
Job Title: Medical Technologist
Location: Otjiwarongo, Otjozondjupa, Namibia
Reference: # OCEO0503
Contract Type: Temporary
Salary: NAD 7.00 – 7.00 Monthly
- Computer literate (MS applications, Laboratory Information System, etc.).
- Proficient in written and spoken English, good communication skills, management and supervisory skills, interpersonal skills, project management skills, deductive reasoning abilities, conflict resolution and problem solving skills, leadership abilities, coordination and time management skills, analytical skills, good judgement, interpreting and decision making ability.
- Personality traits: Assertive, emotionally mature, able to work under pressure, flexible, meticulous.
- Accredited BMLS, or equivalent qualification (not less than 3 years training course) in Medical Technology.
- Registration with the Health Professionals Council of Namibia in Clinical Pathology.
- Relevant postgraduate, licensed experience in a clinical laboratory environment since first registration as MLT, specifically in molecular techniques and handling of blood and sputum specimens
Application Deadline: 29/05/2020