Posted on :
27 Jan, 2014
27 Jan, 2014
LOCATION: NETCARE NORTH EAST REGION (Covering Pretoria, Johannesburg East Rand,
Rustenburg and Freestate)
NETCARE SOUTH WEST REGION (Covering Johannesburg Central and Surroundings)
NETCARE COASTAL/ KWA ZULU NATAL (Covering KZN and Western and Eastern Cape)
MEDICROSS (KZN/ Richards Bay)
MEDICROSS (Eastern and Western Cape)
MEDICORSS (Gauteng West Rand)
MEDICROSS (Mpumalanga and North West Province)
The incumbent will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and
members of the Healthcare team. The Pharmacist will also assume responsibility for meeting patients needs in
a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
• Dispensing of medication
• Act as the custodian for management of Schedule 5&6 drugs as per legal requirements
• Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications and storage of medication to patients
and other members of the Healthcare Team
• Advise and provide information regarding general health matters, including the effective use of medicines,
treatment for general diseases, primary health care, screening services, essential medication, mother and
child healthcare services and family planning and immunisation
• Supervise and control the acquisition, storage, dispensing, handling and packaging of medicines to
ensure safety, efficacy and quality thereof
• Assist with all aspects of ethical stock control including conducting cyclical and full stock takes
• Accept responsibility and accountability in the absence of direct line management • Supervise and guide Pharmacist Assistants and Interns
• Maintain and sustain effective working relationships with all medical and allied medical staff
• Keep updated with new developments in pharmaceutical field
• Assist with any other duties assigned by the Pharmacy/Retail Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A relevant pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm. Degree or Dip.Pharm)
• Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacist
• Previous experience in a Hospital or Retail Pharmacy environment would be advantageous
• Sound knowledge of Pharmacy business operations
• Advanced computer literacy
• Managing work: Managing ones time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Building Customer Loyalty: Effectively meeting customer needs, building productive customer
relationships, taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work
• Quality Orientation: Originating action to improve existing work processes and conditions for improved
quality of outputs.
• Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self imposing standards of
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to email a detailed CV to:
Netcare North East Region: [email protected]
Netcare South West Region: [email protected]
Netcare Coastal/ Kwa-Zulu Natal: [email protected]
Medicross: [email protected]
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people living with disabilities.