NSFAS Squad, Students who are approved for NSFAS funding, qualify for cash allowances to assist them in their academic journey. A
NSFAS study loan or bursary is for those who do not have the financial means to fund their studies and/or cannot access bank funding,
student loans or bursaries.
You qualify to apply for a bursary if:
- You are a South African citizen;
- Your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum;
- You are a SASSA grant recipient;
- You are registering for the first time for an undergraduate qualification at a public university or you are registered at a TVET college for one of the National Certificate Vocational or report 191 programme;
- You are applying to study at a public university or TVET college for a qualification;
- You are an already registered university student with an annual household income of less than R122 000 per year;
- You have passed Grade 9 & 10 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET college;
- You have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.