Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a Senior Data Analyst for a duration of up to September 2020 to support its USAID Funded Government Capacity Building Program (GCBS).
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Job Location: Pretoria
The Senior Data Analyst is expected to support the GCBS Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) team in coordinating the implementation of MERL activities and is responsible for ensuring coordination of collection, management, and storage of data and indicators, data quality reporting, analysis and feedback to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting.
- Supervision of provincial MERL Advisors
- Ensure that all MERL staff fully understand and consistently use the GCBS reporting systems
- Implement routine data quality assessment and quality improvement plans
- Coordinate and organize, and assist in designing data related capacity building
- Regularly access data and provide feedback to stakeholders
- Provide evidence of successful program implementation
- Develop recommendations based on data analyses
- Lead sessions with key stakeholders on data use for decision making;
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- A statistics related Master’s Degree (Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant disciplines)
- Minimum 8 years working on MERL in the public health and HIV fields with progressively increasing responsibility including 5 years in managing MERL teams
- Experience and demonstrated competence in using software for data analytics required software for geo-mapping preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis and presentation
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements
- Must be a South African national or permanent resident with fluency in English and in at least one local indigenous South African language
- Must have a valid South African driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel 20% of time
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Senior Data Analyst” to [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 July 2018.
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.