Pact World, an International NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ an experienced District Health Referral and Linkages Coordinator, to join the USAID- funded Government Capacity Building Support Program (GCBS).
Job Title: District Health Referral and Linkages Coordinator
Location: South Africa
The District Health Referral & Linkages Coordinator will play a pivotal role in developing, coordinating, supporting implementation of HTS interventions and being the key channel of communication with all health partners. This includes overseeing the development and maintenance of multisectoral collaboration for functional bi-directional referral systems between communities, clinical services, and social service providers, increasing program reach to children living with HIV and AIDS. She/He will provide technical health support at District level to the GCBS team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and monitor programme completion and target reach, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action in relation to district specific work plan prioritizing:
- Identification of CALHIV
- Service package for CALHIV (access to ART, viral load, disclosure support)
- Linkage to PREP, GBV and sexual reproductive health services
- HIV risk assessment and testing (include index testing for HIV+ caregivers):
- Supervise Community Health, Referral and Linkage Officers and SSPs where applicable.
- Coordinate all reporting process to ensure timely submission of required HTS reports in the district
- Support the PPM in contract management oversight and tracking of deliverables for sub awardees focusing on CALHIV
- Produce health specific content monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual narrative programme performance reports
- Track district specific health data to support programme planning and expanded reach
- Facilitate capacity building initiatives for SSPs on HIV to ensure all SSPs are up to date about latest developments in HTS.
- Coordinate case management and tracking for all children infected and/or affected by HIV in selected districts to ensure achievement of the UN 95-95-95 targets as per NSP.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to ensure successful bi-directional referral systems and case management at site, district and provincial level by facilitating partnership development between DSD and DOH at provincial, district, and local level; with PEPFAR district support partner and any other relevant local health and Welfare NPOs.
- Monitor success of the referral systems and provide support to troubleshoot and problem-solve as needed, prioritising:
- Access to PREP for 10% of GCBS Adolescents (15 – 17 years)
- CALHIV access to ART
- HIV+ caregivers index testing of children
- Teenage mothers to access CPS
- Access to GBV and sexual reproductive health interventions:
- Propose innovative ideas and new solutions to meet CALHIV, PREP and SRH referral targets
- Coordinate monthly feedback meetings on the caseload of HIV+ children with DSD staff, NPO staff, project staff, and health facility staff for programmatic decision-making purposes;
- Jointly coordinate HTS including community outreach with testing partners, other OVC partners (in case there is more than one OVC partner in a district/subdistrict) and other service providers.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum qualification is a General Nursing Diploma
- At least five years’ experience in public health system
- Experience with PEPFAR funded projects in South Africa is preferable
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed and without constant or close supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “District Health Referral & Linkages Coordinator.” to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 31 of July 2020