Bursaries For 2013: PPS
When you study towards a profession that is eligible for PPS membership, you can apply for a PPS bursary for 2013. PPS awarded R1million worth of bursaries to students for the 2012 academic year and is offering another R1million worth of bursaries to students for the 2013 academic year.
Applications for PPS bursaries open in September 2012. All eligible students must be registered for a fourth academic year of study or a post-graduation degree in 2013 year of study. The student must also be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa and be studying towards a financial or business degree.
- Outline your ambitions for the future and why you think you deserve this award (max 300 words in MS Word)
- Certified copies of all available examination results, including the most recent (June) or progress report
- A declaration of your own and/or your family’s financial position (copy of an affidavit)
- Statements of your student account confirming no outstanding fees for the current or previous years
- Certified copy of your ID / Passport
- Applicant is registered at a South African university
- Applicant will be registering for a 4th academic year or post-graduate degree in 2013, in the field of engineering, commerce, science or medicine.
- Applicant has an exceptional academic record with an average academic result of 60% or above.
- Applicant is a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa.
- Bursaries are awarded on a financial need basis and cover tuition fees and books.
- Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applications close on 15 January 2013.
- Successful candidates will be informed in writing (email) by 30 January 2013.
- Recipients of the PPS Bursary award will be required to become PPS Student members at no charge.
How to Apply