Job Title: Senior Project Manager Mining
Job No.: 886010
Department: Resources & Manufacturing
Work type: Permanent – Full Time
Minimum Requirements (Qualifications & Experience):
- National Diploma/BTech/BSc in Civil Engineering
- Professional Civil Engineer / Technologist (Advantageous)
- 10 years Project management experience
- Qualification in project management will serve as advantage
- Computer literacy at a highly proficient level
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to liaise with people from all walks of life
- Effective planning & organization skills
- Effective delegation & control skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Experience working for an engineering consulting firm in an EPC/EPCM project environment is preferred.
- Successful performance as a Project Engineer or Manager on larger sizedEPCM projects.
- An engineering or project management degree or proven expertise in relevant discipline.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, in the appropriate engineering/technical/ geological association is highly regarded.
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel to site as required.
As a Project Manager, Mining & Metals, your responsibilities will include:
- The planning, organization and direction of all project activities
- Organizing resources and establishing priorities with multi-national projects in the metals & mining industry
- Developing, establishing and managing the scope, schedule, budget and implementation plan
- Establishment of project procedures in accordance with Aurecon quality systems & guidelines and prepare the project execution plan
- Implementing project quality programs & interface with internal and external clients
- Monitoring adherence to schedule and budget, initiating and implementing corrective action if required
- Providing timely and accurate project information and status updates to internal management and to clients
- Reviewing project staffing requirements with other project managers and coordinate staffing for each discipline
- Coordination of design efforts with vendors and licensor’s to assure proper and complete integration
- Managing suppliers, subcontractors and resolve budget, schedule and quality issues
- Management responsibility in respect to hiring, appraisal and training of staff as required
- Ensuring that Health, Safety, Environmental and Security management issues are properly addressed according to Aurecon’s standards and quality standards
How to Apply for Project Manager Vacancy:
Click on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to get started
Deadline: 30 June 2013