Posted on :
30 Sep, 2013
30 Sep, 2013
Bursary holders are required to serve a three year (minimum) training contract with the firm on completion of their post-graduate studies. This period may be extended depending on the value of the bursary awarded or the number of years for which the bursary is awarded.
• Performing audit procedures at clients to express an opinion on their financial records
• Working closely with audit teams to ensure client deadlines are met
• Working in a challenging business environment
• Interacting with people on various levels of experience
• Gaining a wealth of experience on best business practices
• Progressing steadily throughout the three years to qualify as a Chartered Accountant, this includes writing the qualifying exams and achieving the necessary core hours as prescribed by SAICA. Core experience obtained during your learnership includes auditing, accounting, financial management, secretarial systems, taxation and estates, business information systems.
You can apply for a bursary if you intend to study or are studying towards the Chartered Accounting (South Africa) CA (SA) qualification.
Qualifications include a B Com in accounting or equivalent at any SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants) accredited university.
Requirements for Grade 12:
Must be writing for a matric exemption and university acceptance, with maths (pure maths not maths literacy) and English. Must be obtaining over 60% for all subjects.
Requirements for university students:
You must obtain consistent passes in all your subjects.
Other requirements include:
• Proficient in English
• Strong communication skills
• Involvement in sport at school and/or university
• Good interpersonal skills
• Drive and determination
• Leadership potential
• Team player
• Deadline driven
• Attention to detail
How to Apply?
Click HERE to apply online.
Closing Date: 31 December 2013