SAB Miller is offering a Packaging Learnership to x18 Learners. This will provide applicants with an opportunity to enroll for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging, NQF 3.
Learners will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Newlands Brewery, during which time they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Matric with mathematics
- Computer literate
- Self-directed and motivated
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Be resourceful
- Ability to work effectively in shift based teams
- Ability to form effective relationships with coaches and mentors
- No experience required
Output and Accountabilities
- Learnerships are a structured learning programme that combines off-the-job learning and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme.
- The off-the-job component covers more theoretical aspects of the learning with work-based learning providing the opportunity for application of the theory and the further practical learning experiences required.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- 1. Results in a national qualification registered on the National Qualification Framework (NQF)
- 2. The qualification is endorsed by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and quality assured by the FoodBev SETA
- 3. The qualification is written to reflect value-adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria
- 4. Competence against the outcomes and assessment criteria is demonstrated and assessed in the workplace using a variety of assessment methods
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Closing date: 02 February 2018
Employment Type Learnership
Location Newlands Brewery
City Cape Town
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-25512