BMW AG is a Germany-based company which currently produces automobiles and motorcycles, and produced aircraft engines until 1945. The company was founded in 1916 and has its headquarters in Munich, Bavaria.
We believe in supporting a progressive culture that allows all our associates to feel at home, enjoy equal opportunities and grow with us. That’s why our culture is founded on 5 core principles, which set the tone for how we work together and treat each other in order to empower us all – and foster a unique team spirit.
As a Sales Student, you will be required to contribute the following to the role:
1. Assist with project management administration tasks
- Ensure accurate and timeous scheduling and coordinating of project meeting, compiling of minutes, correspondence and coordinating of travel arrangements.
- Assist the Manager: Sales Development / Manager: BMW 1 and BMW M with obtaining quotations for project tasks relating to current and new business.
2. Assist with compiling and maintaining relevant documentation
- Update and maintain documents on the BV sales directory.
- Assist the Manager: Sales Development / Manager: BMW i and BMW M with compiling presentations that result from new and existing business.
- Assist the Manager: Sales Development / Manager: BMW i and BMW M with mapping new business processes.
- Updating of Sales Development reports.
3. Assist with project related BMW i and 360˚ Electric Marketing events
- Assist events with product information and know how on BMW i / 360˚ Electric and BMW M
- Assist internal departments with BMW i/ BMW M handovers to customers and businesses.
- Represent BMW Group at events and BMW i/BMW M Dealers as a brand ambassador with product knowledge.
- Undertake relevant training as may be required to enable the performance of above duties.
4. Assist Manager: Sales Development / Manager: BMW i and BMW M with External Stakeholder/s
- Charge Point Plug and comms standards SABS
- All charge point infrastructure and Solar suppliers
- MoU with NISSAN SA projects
- ChargeNow/Gridcars network implementation and quality monitoring
- General admin / projects
5. Assist Manager: BMW i and BMW M with implementation of key projects
- Charter and coordinate roll out of public charging infrastructure
- WallBox Pro Installation process and pricing
- BMW Solar PV Carport
- Public Charge Point Initiation project eMSK budget
- Growthpoint properties
Basic knowledge and Skills required for this role:
- Business / Economic / Marketing degree preferred.
- University level IT skills in standard business computer applications.
- High drive cluster, independent thinking, analytical nature, sense for value creation and high propensity for driving and leading change projects.
- Methodical and structured approach to the management of projects.
- A driver’s licence in South Africa, willingness to confidently transport vehicles to events / VIPs etc.
- Have appropriate communication skills to represent the BMW Group at external events.
- Must be able to work independently, conscientiously and deliver on tasks on time.