Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries.
SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV / AIDS. As part of their HIV / AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Job Title: Continuous Quality Improvement Coordinator
Department: Medical Programs- VMMC
Employment status: Fixed Term Contract
- Conduct weekly CQI assessments at all SFH VMMC Sites, generate CQI gap analysis reports and assist sites to develop Quality Improvement Plans.
- Serve as a provincial resource to support the efficient, high quality implementation of PEPFAR / CDC-funded VMMC services in alignment with global, national, and donor guidelines and standards
- Champion VMMC quality, safety, risk management, data use, and data transparency among VMMC service providers, municipal, district, and provincial government stakeholders
- Support VMMC service providers to perform continuous quality improvement (CQI) with paper-based and digital instruments
- Document and provide technical support to service providers as they analyse factors contributing to quality gaps identified through CQI and QA processes and outline corrective action plans, in consultation with QA Manager SFH HQ and Provincial Lead as appropriate
- Promote and facilitate information sharing of persistent quality barriers and best practices to accelerate learning and program improvement
- Regularly summarizes and reports activities, outcomes, and challenges to QA department at SFH HQ
- Routinely analyse quality data from province, and together with QA team at HQ and Site Manager interpret and summarize trends in quality gaps and corrective actions, and recommend “above site” level interventions or support necessary to enable diffusion of best practices
- In close collaboration with service providers, local government, and other stakeholders as warranted, facilitate the process of recognition for service providers with exceptional approaches to quality management and / or transparency
- Generate participant lists for training by identifying training gaps of teams in the field
- Compile and submit monthly quality reports for the district.
- Attend and support provincial CQI team meetings
- Regularly update the training database for the province
- Regularly update the GP Network database for the province.
- Ensure provision of effective Mentorship of all staff at sites
- Ensure implementation of good to great
- Participate in site visit support and pick out training needs
- Ensure ongoing refreshers and / or assessments for all SFH Program personnel.
- Compile and submit a monthly report, quarterly, annual reports, project reports and site visit reports
- Monitor implementation of Quality Improvement Plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- retired or semi-retired Clinical Associate, or Professional/Registered nurse credential required
- Post graduate qualification in Quality Assurance an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- 5+ years’ experience conducting Quality Assessments and CQI
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating USG funded public health programs
- Demonstrated skills in VMMC service provision
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and at least one other South African language
- Willingness to travel within assigned districts up to 70% of time.
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org . All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 07 February 2020