Posted on :
26 Sep, 2014
26 Sep, 2014
Are you registered or have applied in the Faculties of Science, Engineering or Agriculture at an University, University of Technology or College of Agriculture? Then this Bursary Opportunity is for you.
The Sugar Industry Trust Fund for Education (SITFE) was launched in 1965 as a private sector initiative.
In its 48-year history, SITFE has provided bursaries to over 9 700 students, financed school building projects, given assistance to tertiary institutions and has worked closely with specialist educational organisations to improve overall education standards.
Who Can Apply?
• Applicants from the sugarcane growing provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga
• Applicants must be registered or have applied in the following disciplines at a University of Technology: Science, Engineering, or Agriculture, in KwaZulu-Natal or Mpumalanga
• Field of study must be industry related
• Applicants must be South African citizens
• Preference will be given to students from rural communities and who consider pursuing a career in rural regions
• A maximum of six awards are granted annually
• Two awards may be based purely on merit. The balance of four awards are based on both merit and need
• Participation in and contribution to the tertiary and community life will be favorably considered
How to apply
To download the Brochure form CLICK HERE
To download the Application form Click Here to Apply