The Wine & Agricultural Ethical Trade Association (WIETA) is a voluntary multi stakeholder not for profit organisation based in Stellenbosch. WIETA is an ethical standards scheme owner promoting best practices in ethical trade and the sustained improvement of working conditions for workers within South African agriculture and the wine industry.
Job Title: Labour Advice Support Desk and Assurance Coordinator
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Remuneration: Package and terms of employment will be negotiable based on experience.
Employment Type: One year contract position, with a possibility of extension dependent upon funding.
The purpose of the position will be tto support employers and employees within the sector with implementation of the WIETA Code of Conduct and ensure continuous improvements in standards implementation.
- Quality assurance:
- Review of Self-Assessment Questionnaire of members
- Moderate quality of social audit reports, compliance documentation and corrective actions submitted for Quality Assurance and Consistency purposes
- Identify inconsistencies against organisations policies and high risk audit findings for further development
- Track the audit and certification status
- Make recommendations on compliance trends and assist with training to members and auditors
- Analyse and report on the audit data and programme for various purposes
- Labour advice and technical support:
- Provide technical and legal advice and support to producers and members during the audit process leading up to the certification and accreditation of members
- Provide technical and legal advice to Certification Bodies
- Correspond and assist with producers on certification status
- Research and communicate all relevant case law and legislative changes pertaining to the Code and standard and prepare legal briefs.
- Facilitate information sessions and discussions on Code implementation with stakeholders
- Staff the Labour desk (WIETA Whatsapp hotline) by receiving labour referrals, refer for investigation and conduct the necessary follow up on complaints. Manage relationships and process related to the labour desk.
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree (Labour Law/Social Sciences/Human Resources/Development Studies) with a track record in social/ethical auditing, HR management, social impact assessments or labour law practice and management experience with two years’ experience minimum
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with fluently in English and Afrikaans.
- Good analytical ability with some statistical skills a plus
- Innovative thinker and self-starter
- Great computer skills essential.
- Can-do approach
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Drivers licence with own transport a must as travelling locally to clients is required
Please email your application to Amelia Heyns ([email protected]) with the job title in the subject line. Include a motivation letter that indicates why you feel you are the best candidate for this position and a detailed CV with three references.
Application Deadline: Monday, 20 January, 2020