Posted on :
25 Mar, 2014
25 Mar, 2014
These exciting opportunities exist within the Northern Cape Region to manage the deployment of bulk explosives and accessories on the bench and to ensure the successful use of these explosives and accessories in rock blasting at a customer site.
The successful candidates will be expectwed to provide technical expertise and value adding blasting services to customers to support the company’s strategic thrust into value added premium markets. ThIS position carries also carries legal responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Competent operation of technical blasting tools
• Operate in a safe and efficient manner at company and customer sites- ensuring a safe blasting process
• Interpretation of blast design data for safe and efficient blasting
• Communication of blast design data to relevant stakeholders
• Conduct post blast evaluation
• Identifies and analysis opportunities for value adding services to improve customer operations
• Blasting assessments on a weekly basis on the operators and assistants
• Monthly reports on the business, supply, delivery and usage of product
• Interfacing with the technical projects team, accountable for all technical projects on site
• Responsible for logistics in the supply of explosive products for blasting operations at allocated sites
• The position requires a full understanding of all the modules that make up the blasting competency program
• The position requires involvement in dealing with management at all levels in the organization
• Problem solving as well as decision making both in on bench conditions and customer enquiries are critical at all times.
• The position involves gathering information from various sources to determine the viability of the business.
• The incumbent should use his initiative to extract information to provide management with information that could further assist them in management decisions.
Required Qualification & Skills
Matric and a valid Opencast/ Surface blasting certificate is essential, coupled with 3-5 years relevant mining and blasting experience . Must alsio have;
• A valid First Aid certificate.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Valid Code B Drivers Licence.