Posted on :
25 Sep, 2013
25 Sep, 2013
Direct report to Manager of Retail Operations
• The Retail Manager manages the total operation of their location, is responsible for the hiring, training and development of their employees.
• They will generate sales through their team, perform outstanding customer service and maximize profits by controlling expenses.
• Other duties include but are not limited to protecting company assets, develop strong working relationships with their retail partner store or mall management(as applicable); AT&D of their region and head office departments.
Ensures Customer and Market Growth
• Ensure staff is trained in service and artistic skills as established by the company.
• Ensure staff delivers consistent, excellent service in accordance with our standards.
• Resolve customer issues and requests in an efficient and timely manner.
• Develop and utilize customer database for phone calls, product launches events and appointments in conjunction with the company’s customer program.
Manages Operational effectiveness
• Create and maintain an atmosphere geared to achieving sales and profit goals.
• Determine and communicate individual and team sales goals and hold staff accountable for results in accordance with the company’s business practices.
• Analyse and review goal attainment and develop strategies to improve performance.
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels.
Improves Business Processes
• Control all store expenses within budget guidelines.
• Manage cash loss prevention procedures and established security policies.
• Execute new launch displays, collateral placement, etc.
• Prepare, coordinate and ensure a complete and accurate cycle counts and physical inventory as required.
• Help with event organizing.
• Follow and implement all corporate visual presentation standards and guidelines.
• Preserve merchandising, display and counter hygiene standards and guidelines at all times.
• Ensure that the store environment practices are safe.
• Ensure retail partners and M.A.C security policies are understood.
• Ensure that all account and HR documentation is completed on a timely and accurate basis.
• Ensure PPID guidelines set by M.A.C are followed (where applicable).
• Adhere to all company policies and procedure.
Lead and Develop People
• Development of the Assistant Manager or third key in management responsibilities.
• Maintain a cohesive, cooperative work environment through team building and motivation.
• Manage time, establish priorities and delegate effectively to meet goals and objectives.
• To set an example of excellent time keeping and punctuality.
• Maintain a communication system for the location to ensure all staff review current initiatives and direction.
• Hold regular, productive staff meetings.
• To schedule Artists to optimize coverage according to external traffic requirements.
• To maximize opportunities for makeup applications.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
• Full, unrestricted Drivers license
• Management skills advantageous