Reporting to the Cape Town News Editor,your key performance areas will include the following:
- Liaising with Output Editor, video editors, library/archives and the technical crew
- Assisting with choosing which stories go in the bulletin and their order of importance
- Assisting with deciding on the duration of stories and how best to visually illustrate them
- Building and timing bulletins
- Performing quality control checks on video material
- Preparing rundowns for Live crossings; guests; international live feeds
- Turning headlines video; voiceovers; packages; bites from interviews and other content
- Co-ordinating with Graphics department
- Checking the wire services and news feeds for the day’s news/breaking news
- Write some local and international stories
- Relevant journalism experience preferably in broadcasting
- Functional knowledge of the broadcast technology and control room operations
- Good general knowledge, thorough understanding of SA politics and players involved
- Excellent writing skills
- A developed news sense
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- The successful candidate will work irregular hours including weekends and public holidays.
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application form together with a detailed CV to the HR Department at [email protected]
Closing date: 23 September 2013.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 14 days after closing of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.