Tetra Tech, ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech dedicated to international development, is recruiting for Resident Energy Advisors for the USAID Power Africa project to work in countries throughout sub-Saharan Africa. These countries include: South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia, Angola, Mozambique, Liberia, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, and Senegal.
- Serve as full-time Resident Advisor in a sub-Saharan African country for 1-2 years, as a member of the Power Africa Transactions and Reforms Program team.
- Coordinate with other Power Africa implementers and stakeholders, including other U.S. government agencies and donors.
- Identify and develop a pipeline of priority generation projects under the Power Africa initiative.
- Transaction advisory services and capacity building to the host country Government.
- Link power project developers and investors with national and regional financing networks.
- Identify and support development of small-scale, grid-connected projects and distributed generation projects and businesses.
Energy and Utilities
Feb 3, 2016, 11:00:14 AM
Job Closing Date
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, economics, law, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred, especially MBA or JD.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience required, such as electricity, gas or other heavy infrastructure transaction advisory.
- Prior experience with project finance and energy sector transactions preferred.
- Experience working in the sub-Saharan energy sector and understanding the key issues and stakeholders involved in energy project development is preferred.
- Experience with international donors and financial institutions (i.e. USAID, MCC, World Bank, AfDB, AFD) is preferred.
- French fluency is required for Francophone countries (e.g. Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire) and Portuguese fluency is required for Angola and Mozambique.
- English fluency is required for all locations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies