Posted on :
1 May, 2010
1 May, 2010
Intelsat Nigeria Ltd is a communications satellite services provider. Originally formed as International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (INTELSAT), it was an intergovernmental consortium owning and managing a constellation of communications satellites providing international broadcast services.
Intelsat South Africa recruits Associate Customer Solutions Engineer
Job Posting ID 1638
Employment Type Full-Time Regular
Required Experience Less than 1 year
Required Education Bachelors Degree
Department Name Africa Customer Solutions Engineering
Working Location South Africa
Number of Vacancies 1
Relocation Provided No
Travel Percentage 30
This position applies system level communications engineering expertise to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, and the sales organization, which help drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. A Customer Solutions Engineer helps identify customer needs then designs technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and customer perceived risks. The CSE supports technical relationship with the customer for the life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
1. Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships so that customer experiences Intelsat’s Technical and Operational Excellence.
2. Work with all levels of customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer needs and drivers both technically and financially.
3. Perform communications system design and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and the Intelsat strategies.
4. Support sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
5. Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
6. Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management team and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions.
1. Use the knowledge gained by working directly with the customers to provide market intelligence to Product Management & New Product Development which can help guide product evolution and new product developments.
2. Provide customer training on Intelsat products, customer tools, and Intelsat operations.Minimum Requirements
. Must have a University Degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline, with knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory.
. Basic knowledge of satellite network architectures and IP networking.
. Cisco networking certification is desirable.
. Basic Knowledge of broadcast video distribution technologies.
. Experience in satellite ground segment equipment and terrestrial IP networking is a plus.
. Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral; a working knowledge of French is desirable.
. Willingness and ability to travel