- Build long term sustainable relationships with Retail Partners across the Region
- Achieve retail sales and shipment objectives for region as established by Senior Management.
- Direct Retail Sales teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensure returns and expenditures (in-store, demonstration and T&E) are within regional budget.
Ensures Customer and Market Growth
Manage/Direct Retail Sales Organisation
- Provide direction to the retail teams to ensure corporate objectives are communicated and understood. Those objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Retail Sales Plan by Door
- Returns Management/Control
- Management/Leadership Ability
- Selling Cost Expense Management
- Budget Management
- Service Expectations
- Events and Training Strategies
- Work closely with Retail partners in all Countries to ensure MAC DNA is protected at all times
Manages Operational effectiveness
- Ensure T&E, demonstration and in-store budgets are managed and effectively utilized to maximize ROI.
- Keep staff turnover to a minimum and ensure positions are filled in a timely manner in conjunction with Retail Partners
- Recruit and hire exceptional candidates for all positions and ensure all necessary training is actioned
- Maintain effective communication with all departments, including AT&D and Sales Administration. Ensure communication is made daily with every store, either by store visit or by phone.
- Work with RMAT and Training organization to develop skills and reinforce training initiatives at the retail level. Recommend specific training and strategies to address the store/market needs.
- Provide leader with highlights on:
- The overall achievement of orders vs budget and/or indicating significant influence that may have impacted major account order flow.
- Retail sales by door vs plan/last year.
- Effectiveness of the current marketing/training initiatives.
- Major issues impacting marketplace or accounts.
- Account Relationships/Meetings:
- Maintain and grow our business partnership with accounts, know and develop good working relationships with Retail Partners, Buyers, Cosmetic Department Managers and Store Management.
- Meetings should be scheduled with DM’s/Buyers twice each season annually to present Marketing Plans
- Responsible for the preparation of meeting materials, i.e. analysis of business STD vs plan and by door projections for the future season; staffing and inventory analysis, marketing/event calendars with results.
- Work extremely closely with SSA Team
- Communicate regularly with Regional MAC Team (based in Paris) from a retail operations/merchandising perspective
- Ensure a management representative attends store department meetings on behalf of M.A.C.
Improves Business Processes
- Responsible for the implementation of national marketing programs for the region.
- Recommend to management creative means by which to grow business in a profitable manner.
- Plan and schedule special events, technique classes, Theme Days, World Aids Day activity, as well as providing post-event evaluation.
- Plan and schedule store opening events, marketing and advertising for new openings with partner.
- Responsible for image and presentation of M.A.C in store: merchandising, ordering and installation of collateral for major promotions, employee image.
New Door Opportunities
- Actively seek new city /new door opportunities throughout the Region in conjunction with SSA Team
- Responsible for completing and submitting the following reports on a timely basis:
- Weekly forecasts
- Daily Sales Calendar
- Events recap
- New Store Opening Plans
- Quarterly staffing update
- Completes CRQ’s as and when necessary
- Management and coordination of MAC AIDS Fund reporting
- Tester management
Lead and Develop People
- Develop Retail Managers and Artists through regular, quality store visits, regular management meetings and one-on-ones.
- Establish individual goals and objectives set strategies for growth and evaluate progress on an on-going basis. Assist SSA Team development of retail sales plans, demonstration, in-store and T&E budgets.
- Follow SA PDP Process and ensure HTLC awareness
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Full unrestricted Drivers License
- Regular travel to SSA Countries including but not limited to Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya
- Travel to Paris, New York and other countries as required for Training and Development and meetings.
If you have not received a response to your application within a month, please be advised that your application is unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online