Posted on :
4 Sep, 2014
4 Sep, 2014
Sappi – Stanger Mill is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to effectively manage the maintenance resources of the Paper and Tissue machines in order to optimize machine availability and performance.
• BSc.Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification
• GCC (Factories) will be advantageous
• 5 Years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment.
• Computer Literate (MS Office)
• Previous experience in the Pulp and Paper industry will be advantageous.
• SAP PM will be advantageous
• Ensure that applicable engineering standards, procedures and practices are applied.
• Provide engineering and maintenance expertise, as required, in the investigation of failures and problems raised at MDT meetings.
• Drive the Lean Manufacturing principles to develop maintenance programs and best practices as required.
• Compile annual capital and maintenance cost budgets and ensure that these budgets are managed and controlled to ensure efficient and safe operation of the process plant.
• Control capital and renewal project expenditure and implementation schedule within budget.
• Manage projects initiated and prioritized by the MDT / MBU either directly or via contracted in resource/s.
• Responsible for management of change and project management processes.
• Maintain the plant and equipment in line with Sappi’s Manufacturing Strategy ensuring that asset life cycle costs are minimized, efficiencies are maintained and legal compliance requirements are met.
• Develop equipment replacement or optimization plans to improve performance, reliability, availability or extend life.
• Ensure effective people management skills and development of subordinates within areas of responsibility
• Ensure compliance to relevant legislation and SHEQ standards within scope of control.
• Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
• Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• Knowledge of plant maintenance systems and business processes.
• Understand and apply the applicable laws, regulations and the requirements of specific work environments (OHSAct).
• Knowledge of plant process measurement, monitoring, evaluation and problem solving.
• Reliability Engineering principles and practices.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
• Knowledge of Mechanical governing systems (Control Systems).
How to Apply