Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Mechanical Foreman x 8 for Kusile Site reporting to the Construction Engineer. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
1. The appointed candid must have at least 10 years experience in his field e.g. mechanical fitting, Boiler making ,Rigging ,HP Piping ,Welding.
2. A great advantage would be to have had previous experience in supervision on similar work.
3. Must be able to read erection/construction drawing fluently.
4. Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIP’s
and quality procedures.
5. Experience with the using of the tools of the trade i.e. dumpy levels, micrometers, Theorolites etc.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
A recognized trade in the field of mechanical fitting with N3 or equivalent NQF level.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Oversee and be responsible to assist the senior supervisor in all aspects of the job required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE’S RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Work in a safe manner.
• Manage his team on a day to day basis.
• Daily, Weekly and Monthly planning
1. Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved
2. This includes updating construction schedules and assisting with drawing up of construction schedules.
3. Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
4. Assist the Supervisor in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
5. Must be able to work unsupervised and lead a team.
6. Must report all deviations from the scope of work timeously in writing to the Supervisor
• Team player
• Be proactive
• Have sound judgment
• Logical, accurate and precise
• Honest and open personality
• Be willing to learn
• Basic knowledge of Labour, Industrial and Human Relations
Please note that:
1. The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs
at any time without notification.
2. Murray & Roberts Projects reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
3. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
4. If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
5. Please note that the suitable candidate must be willing to be re-assigned to the Medupi Power Project in Lephalale , Limpopo, if operational requirements should deem it necessary.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online