Posted on :
25 Oct, 2013
25 Oct, 2013
Merafong City Local Municipality is offering a Finance Internship. Please note that interns will be required to sign internship agreements for two years, in addition to two year employment contracts, committing themselves to participation in the educational and workplace assignments in accordance with laid-down policies and procedures.
• The successful candidates must be in possession of a recognised three year Diploma/Degree in Commerce (Accounting, Economics, and Finance)
• the candidates must be computer literate
• Good communication skills
• Interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
• Must be able to work irregular hours and overtime when required
• Must be able to work in all conditions, i.e. environment and weather
• A valid code 08 license will be an added advantage • Good report writing skills
• Assist in compilation of multi-year budget
• Assist in managing, monitoring and controlling budget
• Assist in compiling financial reports
• Assist in updating capital projects, retention and vouchers registers
• Assist in compiling monthly MIG, Housing MSIG and FMG reports
• Assist in compiling annual financial statements
• Assist in answering audit queries.
How To Apply
Applications should be accompanied by a comprehensive C which should include full particulars of training, qualifications, skills, competencies, knowledge and experience. A certified copy of an ID and qualifications must be attached. Certifying stamp older than 6 months will not be accepted.
Applications must quote the Ref No.
The required qualification must be obtained prior to the date of commencement of duty.
Faxed application will not be accepted.
Deliver by Hand: A container for hand delivered applications will be placed at Human Capital Section from Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 16:00 daily until the closing date.
Post: The Manager, Human Capital, PO BOX 3, Carletonville 2499
Closing Date: 01 November 2013
Start Date: 01 January 2014
Remuneration: R120K pa
Ref No: 118/10/2013