Posted on :
18 Mar, 2014
Key Duties & Responsibilities
To manage general ledger month-end processes, maintain the accuracy of the FI systems and processes and to ensure all SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices) requirements within the department are adhered to in compliance to the Company’s Integrity and Anti-Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy and S.H.E. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E. tasks and duties and to inform superior about deviations. To supervise on a daily basis the Fixed Asset, Cashbook, Travel & Entertainment and Debtors functions.
• To maintain FI systems and processes to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness at all times. To maintain General Ledger master data on SAP and ensure that all requested changes are recorded accurately, on time and on the appropriate form and signed off by the Manager: Financial Accounting. To ensure that accounts descriptions are accurate and valid and kept up to date.
• To ensure all month end processes are carried out timeously. To verify the accuracy and completeness of all monthly interfaces and journals before processing on SAP. To ensure that all entries are processed in the correct period and in accordance with the dates and times indicated on the month end schedule distributed within the department before the end of every month. To analyse results and perform various General Ledger account reconciliations.
• Adhoc projects within the department to support compliance and continuous improvement initiatives.
• To ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance within the department. To ensure all quarterly and annual KPMG audit on financial statement requirements are met and queries resolved timeously.
• People Management: To ensure the effective management of all team members, in terms of work activities, development, support and HR policies and procedures. To act as stand-in for Finance Manager and team members when required.
Skills Specific knowledge:
Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Delegation of Authority
Knowledge of Procurement policies and procedures
Knowledge of Finance policies and procedures
Knowledge of vendor application requirements
Relevant policies and procedures
Knowledge of SAP
Chart of Accounts
Knowledge of Debtors, Fixed asset and Cash book process
Knowledge of SOX and FCPA requirements
Filing systems and processes – as per legal requirements
Knowledge of IFRS
Computer literacy (MS Office)
Financial and business acumen
Written communication skills
Problem solving skills
Planning and coordination
Verbal communication skills
Attention to detail
Customer service orientation
Experience 3 to 5 years’ experience in a general ledger accounting environment (automotive industry an advantage)
Education Matric/Grade 12 plus relevant 3 year qualification (NQF6 with 360 credits). B Com Accounting will be preferable
How to Apply