Sandvik seeks: Product Line Support Manager – Coal & Minerals, Load and Haul & Feeder Breakers
The PSM is responsible for the competitiveness and profitability of the product over its life time in respective market/sales areas. These can be defined as:
- Value Added to the Customer as well as other stakeholders
- Market acceptance – safety, specification, pricing
The role will be reporting to the Product Area Product Line Manager and based in Johannesburg South Africa, servicing the needs of all Sales Areas for Africa’s Softrock RTV Mining Business.
The Product Line Support Manager is responsible for the representation of the Product Line in the Sales Area. The role provides the link between the Product Area- Product Line Management (incl. sales support), the Sales Team and their customers.
The role is product / offering focused and concentrates on providing guidance, support and advice on the strategies for the product range in a specified Sales Area. Technical expertise pricing guidelines, sales support, engineering support and application specialization.
1. Product Safety, health & environmental performance of the product
- Follow the Sandvik Mining product liability process
- Actively follow up and report the changes related to product safety development with the relevant stakeholders
- Manage possible safety recall programs in the market/sales areas
2. Product management
- Follow up and report both technical and commercial competitiveness of the product
- New product development (NPD) project reviews in the market/sales areas
- Coordinate product trials in collaboration with the factory and local organisation
- Assist in the introduction of new products into and phase out of old products from the market
- Collect information and communicate with the factory all the relevant information required for the product strategic short, medium and long term decisions
3. Product support in the market/sales areas
- Coordination of product related sales training
- Technical articles, presentations, performance data
- Ensure technical support team(s) are used for long term value added to the organization and customers in the market/sales areas
4. Sales and marketing support
- Assist business development when necessary (customer visits, presentations, argumentations, tender preparation etc.)
- Assist in value based selling supporting the positive price development
- Ensure correct customer solutions are promoted
- Continuous harmonization of the unit specifications and scope of supply within the market/sales areas
- Manage the unit allocation to the customers within the market/sales areas, in co-operation with Sales Support
- Compile and communicate the demand forecast with the factories
- Support frontline marketing in the marketing activities
5. Pricing & profitability
- Setting, following up and controlling the price and profitability levels in the respective market/sales areas
6. Business intelligence
- Market share
- Competitor actions
- Won-loss analysis
- Customer activities (future projects and applications, technology development)
The successful candidate must have:
- Grade 12 / Matric / Trade Certificate
- Tertiary degree / diploma in Engineering
- 10 years’ experience in mining environment of which 5 years minimum in management
- Minimum of 5 years work experience within Sandvik Mining
- Valid drivers license
- Be able to operate from remote areas
- In depth knowledge of coal mining products and their applications
- In depth knowledge of all Sandvik internal systems and departments
- Computer literate (high skills level with Microsoft Office, especially excel)
- Good command of Business English, written and oral.
- Must be able to handle a diversity of functions / multi- tasking
- Must have a personal trait to influence people
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- People skills
- Willing and able to travel excessively through Market area Africa
- Medically fit to travel
As this job entails a high level of travel between the African Market Area, applicants must be willing to travel for long periods , have a valid passport, compliant to individual country laws for entry, be medically fit to travel (as per yellow card) and be prepared to operate in harsh remote areas.
Who may apply
All applicants outside South Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the end of this page.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331.
Applications close: 18 July 2013
Job Reference No.324030
Recruiter: Tracey Cox
Sandvik is committed to diversity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the South African population.