Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in South Africa. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees. Are you keen to join Santam’s team of high performers? View available vacancies and apply online. All appointments will be made in line with the Santam Employment Equity strategy. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Santam Direct has a position available for a Sales Consultant who will be based in Auckland Park .
The successful candidate will offer world class products and services to clients, whilst achieving sales targets in an inbound and outbound call centre environment.
- Selling products over the telephone in an outbound model.
- Maximising each outbound call received by attempting to “turn” into a sale.
- Achieving of sales targets and objectives.
- Adhering to quality and compliance processes to minimise business risk.
- Quality management of all outputs, with the end customer in mind
- Maintaining optimal operational efficiencies (productivity measures to be achieved).
- Adapting and changing to fit in with changing business operational requirements.
- Building and maintaining good client relationships.
- Updating/entering call outcome information on TeleApp/Avaya for later follow-up or closure.
- Managing information regarding new products, rate changes, rulings, training updates etc.
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in the industry (self learning).
- Ensuring commitment to the FAIS fit and proper qualification requirements.
- Matric certificate or relevant NQF 4 qualification.
- Minimum 30 Personal Lines short-term insurance credits preferred.
- Passed RE 5.
- Previous experience within a sales inbound/outbound call centre.
- Financial services experience.
- Fluent in English and one other official language.
- Clear criminal and credit record.
- Compliance with FAIS Fit and Proper criteria i.e. minimum experience and competency requirements, which can be obtained while working under supervision.
- Computer literate.
- Willing to work shifts as well as overtime.
- Good sales track record.
- Knowledge of short-term insurance processes , procedures and business rules advantageous.
- Clean track record in terms of adherence to quality standard and compliance.
- Consistent target achievement.
- Computer literate (MS Office package).
- Client service oriented.
- Negotiation skills.
- Deadline and results-driven.
- Analytical thinking.
- Information seeking .
- Drive for results.
- Emotional control.
- Customer service orientation