Posted on :
11 Apr, 2012
Exceed our customers’ expectations ’We will be recognised internationally as a successful leisure group offering superior gaming, hotel and entertainment experiences, which exceed our customers’ expectations. We will create an environment in which all employees are well trained, motivated and take pride in working for the group. Innovation, fun and an obsession with service excellence and efficiency will make Sun International a formidable competitor and provide our shareholders with superior returns. We will at all times remain mindful of our responsibility towards all of our stakeholders including the communities we serve.’
Our corporate focus Hotels, resorts & casinos Sun International Limited invests in and manages businesses in the hotel, resort and casino industry. The group is specifically focused on the development, operation and management of hotels, resorts and casinos. We will continue to position ourselves to take advantage of opportunities in those markets where we can achieve a strong market position benefiting from our innovation and depth of experience.
• Reporting to the IT Operations Manager / IT Facilities Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for providing all aspects of technical support to end users within the constraints of the technical processes.
• Ensuring stability and maximal availability of the IT infrastructure components to the unit, as well as performing all technical tasks as assigned and required.
Education, Experience and competencies required:
• MCTS / MCP is essential
• MCITP: Server Administration is advantageous.
• Dell: OSD Client Desktop & Client Notebook is advantageous.
• ITIL Foundations certificate is advantageous.
• 3 – 5 years relevant and current IT support experience.
• Experience in a large IT department, helpdesk environment, customer service environment, shift work based operations.
• Shift work based operations.
• Gaming license (Probity clearance as applicable).
Key Areas of responsibility:
• Ensures closure of assigned 2nd level Fault Resolution calls within the required SLA.
• Executes change control work orders as assigned within the required SLA.
• Ensure maximum stability of IT facility infrastructure components by performing systems maintenance tasks.
• Ensures appropriate execution on projects based on defined deliverables.
• Provides assistance or adhoc training to users when required.
• Contributes to the continuous improvement of operational policies and procedures.
This position is an Employment Equity appointment as per the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as unit’s employment equity plans and Gaming Board License conditions.