Posted on :
23 Jan, 2015
23 Jan, 2015
ABB is an innovative company on the forefront of technology, they are looking for quality individuals who can make valuable contributions and help steer their company successfully into the future, to join their Global Trainee Program in South Africa.
The ABB Global Trainee Program (GTP) for Supply Chain Management is designed for recent graduates who are looking for an international career in the SCM sector.
During the Global Trainee Program you will be exposed to a variety of ABB operations in different countries (cross-functional, cross-divisional) – all of which have a positive impact on the world around us.
The program comprises training in the form of hands-on working experience and “off-the-job” formal training days, making the GTP the perfect start to your career.
The assignments are of six months each; they include:
The first 6 months are spent at the ABB office in your home country.
Thereafter, you will have the opportunity to move to ABB’s Headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland for another 6 months, where you will gain an overview of ABB’s operations and work on a more strategic level in one of our finance group functions.
The third and fourth assignment will bring you to other countries to gain further international experience and increase your responsibility.
After successful completion of the program, you will be offered a permanent position in one of our local units in South Africa.
Your assignments will give you an insight into the following national and global supply chain management areas:
• Compliance management
• Stakeholder management
• Requisition and purchase order processing
• Sourcing execution
• Material scheduling
• Receipt processing
• Supply data management
• Category management
• Supplier management and quality
• Performance management
Ideally you will match the below requirements meet this profile:
• Recent graduate (Master of Science or equivalent) with good grades in a relevant discipline
• No more than 1.5 years of professional work experience (excluding internships) since your master’s (or equivalent degree)
• Excellent language skills: Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus
• Global Mindset, with a passion to work in diverse cultures
• Mature, balanced personality with good communication skills
• Team player who is flexible and open to new ideas
• Ambitious personality with a natural curiosity and realistic career/life goals