Posted on :
29 Apr, 2010
29 Apr, 2010
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. Accenture South Africa recruits a Contract Manager
Job Title: Contract Manager-00092708
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
* Accenture’s Services workforce is a dedicated team of people who work on outsourcing engagements. These are long-term partnerships with clients for whom we manage and provide increasingly specialized business operations, such as finance and accounting, IT, applications development and maintenance, help desk services, and HR. We not only maintain key business functions for clients, we constantly seek to improve them to help our clients move ahead of the competition.
The Contract Manager may manage more than one engagement or, alternatively, be full-time on a single engagement (depending on the size/complexity of the agreement).
* Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
* Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
* Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
* Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
* Manage the contract on a day to day basis including without limitation change control, document management, protecting IP, dispute management, negotiation and drafting of agreements etc
* Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal & Commercial, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
* Acts as liaison between Accenture and clients/vendors
* Responsible for adherence to company policies and procedures by assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel
* Responsible for educating the project team on contract terms and monitoring compliance
* Develops and integrates Contract Management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
Reports to: Direct report: Contract Management Lead for SPAI. Indirect reports: Project Senior Executive, Ad hoc Global Contract Management
Supervises: On large and complex projects, may be required to supervise contract management professionals, project staff, or other business personnel. However, there may be no direct reports as this job is focused on functional expertise rather than supervisory responsibilities.
* Client procurement/Contract Management professionals and other client project personnel
* Vendor representatives
University degree required; advanced degree in business, contract management, finance, law or engineering preferred.
Minimum of 4 years of applicable industry / contract management experience
Preference given to candidates with financial qualifications or relevant financial experience
Work on project site, travel within geography (This includes possibility of lengthy out of town assignments which may require weekly travel)
Knowledge and Skills
· Possess comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and (preferred if this is available) accounting and finance principles
· Able to resolve contracts and pricing issues
· Advise and interact with all levels of management
· Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving / logical skills
· Excellent oral and written communication (contractual drafting) and negotiation skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, writing skills, advantageous to have Microsoft Project.
Outsourcing for Accenture Clients (Services)