Posted on :
21 Apr, 2021
21 Apr, 2021
Africa Health Research Institute has an exciting opportunity for a Professional Research Nurse. The Professional Nurse will be involved in several AHRI Clinical Research Projects.
Job Title: Professional Research Nurse
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reference #: PRORESNUR/CLINRES/DUR/APRIL2021
Contract Type: Contract 12 Months
Salary: Market Related
He/She is responsible for collecting specimens which will be analysed by medical laboratory personnel. He/She is responsible for practising nursing pathology and phlebotomy procedures by ensuring that the interaction with the patient is conducted with empathy and professionalism. He/She is responsible for general client and laboratory administration. The successful candidate will be based in our Durban Site.
1. Nursing Diploma
2. Current registration with the SANC and covered for professional indemnity e.g. DENOSA;
3. HPCSA Certified Phlebotomy training
4. Recognised HIV/AIDS counselling certification
5. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certification
6. Own vehicle and valid driver’s license. Must be a confident driver.
1. 4 years nursing experience with at least 2 years’ experience in phlebotomy
2. Previous research experience;
3. Paediatrics experience;
4. Experience in HIV teaching/training/pre and post-test counselling;
5. Computer literacy and experience working with MS Office packages
6. Experience with Paediatrics, and paediatric phlebotomy
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 04/05/2021