AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: IT Manager
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Aquity Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
The IT Manager is responsible for maintenance of the network; telecommunications administration; and maintenance; hardware and software procurement and installation; data base programming; and technical assistance and training in software.
Specific duties include (but not limited to) the following:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for users.
- Manage company website and social medical platforms. Process any requested updates and changes.
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades on network optimization.
- undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources.
- Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases;
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment;
- Configuration of hosted IP voice services; Active Directory, Exchange Server, Sage Payroll, QuickBooks system.
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Facilitate procurements and standards for ICT equipment’s for the organizations and ensures cost effectiveness
- Manage relationships and contract with service providers
- Manage server system systems and ICT infrastructure around telecommunications
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are in place in for business continuity eg. Backup server files, UPS for power failure, Synchronization, Data storage on cloud
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- B.S. in programming, computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- 4 years’ experience managing server systems and ICT infrastructure, including equipment maintenance.
- Proven track record of administering Windows servers, WAN/LAN connects and performing backups and restorations of data.
- Ability to perform system updates, upgrades, migrations, and manage outages.
- Certifications in either technical support or systems support highly preferred.
- Email cover letter and CV to email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Monday, 30 March, 2020