Posted on :
10 Nov, 2010
10 Nov, 2010
Are you passionate about taking your sales career to the next level within this JSE Listed player in the FMCG arena, then AVI Field Marketing may have the ideal opportunity for you as a Sales Representative in the Free State covering the Northern and Eastern Regions (Welkom and Bethlehem). The successful applicant will be required to perform a sales function within a geographical area and ensure the Business Units targets and service levels are achieved. AVI South Africa Recruits Sales Representative
Key Performance Areas:
1. Target achievement
• Calculate rate of sale and negotiate orders with buyers accordingly.
• Manage stock levels, expiry dates and returns in store.
• Monitor and communicate pricing to Key accounts
• Negotiate promotional activity
• Implement promotional plans
• Communicate product range changes to management and Key accounts
• Monitor target achievements
• Use deals provided by Key accounts to negotiate deals at buyer level
• Manage process of sell in prior to price increases and expiry
• Address all pricing and delivery issues
• Sell new lines in to stores
• Negotiate ad hoc displays
• Negotiate forward share in relation to market share
• Ensure shelf health is maintained according to Perfect outlet standards
2. Effective admin
• Ensure customer records are maintained
• Ensure Merchandiser attendance register is up to date
• Ensure opposition and trade information is communicated according to company requirements
• Ensure price surveys are completed on time
• Ensure records of all company equipment or assets are up to date
• Keep returns records up to date.
3. Effective customer and Business Unit relationships
• Ensure a good working relationship is maintained with both management and floor staff in stores.
• Communicate all issues and provide solutions where possible.
• Follow the call cycles and communicate any changes to customers.
• Ensure the merchandiser follows the call cycle
• Handle all queries in a professional and effective manner.
• Adhere to store policies and procedures at all times.
4. Effective management of merchandiser
• Conduct floor walks with Merchandiser
• Brief merchandiser on all cycle priorities
• Ensure a clear understanding of objectives
• Provide on the job coaching if required
• Keep Area Sales manager up to date on conduct issues.
• Manage staff in line with company policy and procedures.
• Feedback to Area Sales Manager on all conduct and absenteeism issues
• Goal oriented
• Attention to Detail
• Computer skills
• Stress Tolerance and ability to overcome setbacks
• Good interpersonal skills
• Leadership and motivational abilities
• Conflict management
• Knowledge of the FMCG industry is a must
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 is non negotiable
• Diploma an added benefit
• 2 – 3 Years Sales experience in an FMCG environment
• Supervisory skills will be an added advantage
Your strong negotiation skills and business sense will hold you in good stead whilst you climb the corporate ladder.
AVI is a branded consumer goods company with a portfolio of market leading brands. The Group has recently consolidated their sales and merchandising requirements for their beverage, snacking and cosmetic business units into a new in-house field marketing division. The purpose will be to provide greater focus and achieve an improved execution at store level.
This advertisement serves to attract suitable, qualified candidates directly from the market. Group Internal Recruitment within AVI seeks to reduce the reliance on external recruitment agencies with the exception of preferred recruitment partners. Agencies wanting to be considered as a preferred recruitment partner should apply on line at www.avi.co.za by clicking on the careers link and then recruitment agencies.
Apply online before 10/12/2010.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.