Posted on :
22 Jul, 2014
22 Jul, 2014
BPL is looking for a highly experienced, forward thinking Import Controller, based at an In-house client within the Gauteng region.
* Grade 12 / Matric certificate
* 5 years experience as an Import Controller
* Must have good, sound experience and knowledge in Imports and Exports
* Must have a general understanding of business processes
* Good decision making skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Good interpersonal and consultative skills
* Good problem solving skills
* Ability to identify opportunities for improvement
• Manage & enhance relationship between client and BPL.
• Liaise and communicate with clients.
• Improve control over cargo and documentation movement.
• Enhance reporting, follow-up and feedback.
• Optimise client Freight management business processes.
• Drive efficiencies in the integrated BPL/client solution.
• Improve tracking and tracing of cargo.
Key responsibilities of this role
Coordinate, monitor, communicate, report on goods and documentation movement
Main activities of this role
-Manage & process damaged goods
-Coordinate and manage customer collections
-Monitor, communicate and report on reverse logistics activities
-Track, follow-up and manage outstanding PODs
-Monitor order status, follow up on order status, provide order progress and status updates
-Coordinate, follow-up, communicate and report on the movement of cargo, documentation and PODs
-Provide track and trace visibility
-Record, follow-up, resolve and communicate customer queries
How to Apply
|Location:||Ekurhuleni (East Rand)||Available:||ASAP|
|Category:||Freight / Shipping / Transport / Import / Export||Offer:||Market Related|