Posted on :
1 Mar, 2021
1 Mar, 2021
Here at BKB, we want to do things differently. We have to, because the world is changing, and we always want to stay ahead. Our Managers are the ones to lead this. We are looking for great a manger who is a forward thinker and who want to make a difference.
Job Title: Trainee: Wool & Mohair Technical Officer X2
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Reference #: WM177
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
As part of the fibre trading team, you will learn the technical knowledge of fibre and how to evaluate and classify wool/mohair for successful auctions. You will look after the people responsible for the appraisal and typing of fibres and ensure accurate typing and the optimal flow of fibres through the organisation. All this needs to be compliant to the relevant ISO standards.
Apart from a competitive salary, we offer medical aid, retirement benefits and above average leave.
• You will need to arrange for the flow of fibres through the entire process – receipt, forwarding to the correct section, typing, baling
and delivery to the receiver.
• You will need to personally type fibres and ensure that others do it accurately as well.
• You will also be responsible for the data recording and the distribution of information while ensuring sound relationships with all
stakeholders and dealing with queries.
• There will also be ISO audits carried out.BKB
• A diploma in Agriculture will be an advantage.
• You really do need sound admin skills and good organisational skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office programmes, especially Excel is needed.
• You need to be fluent in English and Afrikaans but an African language will be very beneficial.
• You need to create and maintain relationships, so your interpersonal skills have to be really good.
• With a wide variety of job tasks you will need to be able to prioritise, balance, focus and deal with pressure.
Unless a Recruitment Agency has been requested to assist with a specific assignment and a written agreement is signed between BKB Ltd and the Agency i.r.o. this assignment, all CV’s uploaded onto our SkillsMap portal by an Agency will be deemed the property of BKB Ltd (inclusive of all our subsidiaries) and no agency fees will be payable should the candidate be placed.
Application Deadline: 05/03/2021