Posted on :
5 Apr, 2011
5 Apr, 2011
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
Our client is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company and a world-class chemicals manufacturer. The group operates in more than 130 countries and has 96, 950 employees.
1.Coordinate with the other disciplines (process, mechanical, instrument, electrical, handling, piping stress, architectural, safety), the area engineers and operations / maintenance team in order to make sure that all requirements are integrated in the 3D model of the Topsides. Participate to all 3D model reviews with the Contractor.
2. Assist the 3D Model – Piping/Handling Lead Engineer to supervise the piping design (piping routing, piping supports, stress analysis, implementation of project piping material classes etc.), in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, Client General Specifications, discipline requirements and international codes.
3. Promote alternative solutions for piping / layout design to reduce weight and optimize onshore
4. Identify any deviation from project and Client referential and report of the same to the 3D Model – Piping/Handling Lead Engineer.
5. Report to 3D Model – Piping/Handling Lead Engineer any area of concern concerning quality or progress for the work.
6. Assist the 3D Model – Piping/Handling Lead Engineer in the review of change orders and progress reporting to project management.
7. Participate to appropriate Contractor’s weekly meetings and follow-up engineering actions as required.
8. Support and enforce the HSEQ Project objectives and directives in compliance with the Project HSEQ management system.
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering (preferably Mechanical).
Previous experience working for a reputable Contractor at basic or detailed engineering for a similar size offshore project (ideally for an FPSO). Extensive experience in piping, general arrangement and handling engineering. Good knowledge of PDMS software.
Good knowledge of Client General Specifications. Operational experience would be a plus.
Sound judgment and analytical skills to apply appropriate risk assessment methodologies and enact effective risk based decisions. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization. In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, other responsibilities as needed may be assigned.