T-Systems forms part of the Deutsche Telekom group of companies, which puts the company in a unique position to combine Information Technology and Telecommunications into replicable, cost effective solutions.
Internationally, T-Systems is one of Europe’s leading providers of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), and is responsible for serving major business accounts.
We can offer you development opportunities that are lifelong. After all, the challenges in our industry are constantly changing – and we know, that we can best meet them with outstandingly qualified colleagues.
We offer a broad spectrum of personal training and development possibilities. Whether you’re a newcomer, an expert or a manager – we can offer you exciting prospects and individual career paths.
For example, there are various development programs to support expert and executive careers, international exchanges, or part-time studying while you work. Our employees have the choice.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Develop and implement cloud platform strategies and solutions to enable the team to provide reliable, scalable and on-demand cloud infrastructure and add on services to its customers.
Candidates should have IT virtualisation/hypervisor and systems administration skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the team to review and update existing workflows and procedures and documentation
- Work with OpenStack, VMWare and other related hypervisors on Microsoft, Linux
- Identify opportunities to develop new or enhance existing cloud services or offerings.
- Contribute in cross-functional major projects and liaise with other teams to manage shared systems, processes, and projects
- To manage incidents, changes and requests on the service desk system on a daily basis
- To upgrade/patch infrastructure related components
- To assist with Configuration Item management, CMDB, Billing and Inventory related functions
- To perform project related activities and tasks
Criteria for Selection:
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- Have completed a National Diploma/Degree in Information Technology: Engineering / Computer Systems or equivalent and be able to demonstrate good academic record and achievements;
- Application forms must be completed in full and copies of academic records must be included;
- Not have previously participated in an internship or graduate programme;
- Have no work experience in the field of study;
- A recent graduate (2012-2016);
- Considered a youth (18-27 years);
- Verified qualification certificate and no criminal record;
- Effective communication in English (written and verbal);
- Computer literacy (MS Office – basic Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Prepared to undergo psychometric assessments.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes required:
- MCITP (Advantage)
- A+ and N+ (Advantage)
- Local Area Networks knowledge
- Microsoft Operating systems knowledge
- Diagnostic skills
- Innovative thinking
- Logical problem solving skills
- IT degree or equivalent Industry accreditation preferred
- Other IT related certifications are a plus.
- Good verbal communication, written documentation, and project management skills.
- Knowledge or skills in AWS or Azure (Advantage)
Closing Date: 23 February 2017