Community Keepers delivers psycho-social services to primary and high school learners in the Cape Winelands and Cape Town. They are accepting applications for registered counsellors and social workers to work in Franschhoek. They deliver a variety of services to learners including assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Job Title: School Counsellor / Social Worker
Location: Western Cape
- Administration of all services delivered at the school
- Providing individual and/or group therapy; obtaining collateral; giving feedback and recording of data
- Maintaining relationships with learners, educators and parents
- Liaising with parent committees to organize parenting sessions; contributing to professional development sessions with educators.
- Presenting life skills programmes
- Tertiary qualification and registered with the SACSSP as a Social Worker, or registered with HPCSA as a Registered counsellor.
- Fluent in Xhosa and English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Xhosa and English.
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context and sound ethical principles of practice.
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development.
- Outstanding administrative skills with proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions.
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organization.
The successful candidate will be based at a Community Keepers office at a primary school in Franschhoek. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible.
Download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to [email protected] with “School counsellor / Social Worker: Franschhoek”, depending on your qualification, in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Friday, 14 August, 2020